Is It Still Relevant to Build Wooden Churches? A Conversation with an Architect
«Wood is warm and has its own energy. It accompanies us from birth to death, from the cradle, spoon, bed, closet, table, chair and to the grave. Icons are painted on wood, iconostasis are carved from it. It is present in all spheres of our life», – Roman Sulyk
The Ukrainian Catholic Church in the USA: Challenges and Responses
Теги: Andrew Sorokowsky
Patriarch Josyf Slipyj called upon his faithful to maintain the Ukrainian Catholic Church, with its language and traditions, in the diaspora. As the diaspora’s contributions to Ukraine in various fields, including religion, have shown, it succeeded in this task. Today, it is time to set ourselves a different goal. For Ukrainian Catholics, that goal should be to develop a truly patriarchal and evangelizing church in the lands of settlement.
Coronavirus pandemic and humanity: some biblical insights on how to deal with/in the crisis
Halyna Teslyuk Ukrainian Catholic University The International Congress Renovabis 2020 The Coronavirus pandemic has covered the planet like a tsunami and caused different
Rev. bishop Nicholas Samra: I don’t like the term “diaspora”. I am home, and the people already here are home
- Our Church has struggled with latinization for four centuries. Some have made a distinction between Latin practices that have been “organically” assimilated into our rite and
Freedom within Limits: “Uniate” Theology between Catholic West and Orthodox East
Теги: Brian A. Butcher
Subdeacon Dr. Brian A. ButcherMetropolitan Andrey Sheptytsky Institute of Eastern Christian StudiesThe University of St. Michael’s College in the University of Toronto
Attending to the movements of my heart: An Asian American conversion from ‘uniatism’ in the ‘model minority’
Теги: Justin KH Tse
When I joined the Greek-Catholic Church, the irony was that I converted away from this conversionary network and even from this assimilationist understanding of being Asian American. In this way, I became more fully myself because I found myself increasingly less subjected, as we say about the Church of Ukraine, to these vectors of ideological colonization.
Phyletism in the Catholic Church: How Great is the Great Commission?
Теги: Pascal Bastien
At Divine Liturgy, on the morning of Pascha, following a widespread custom evocative of Pentecost and transcending human boundaries, the prologue of the Gospel of John is proclaimed in a multitude of languages. The Resurrection and the Great Commission, the liturgy teaches us, are intrinsically tied. The Church is missionary by her very nature.
The Intelligentsia and the Church
Теги: Andrew Sorokowsky
Today, with the virtual disappearance of a Christian intelligentsia in the Euro-Atlantic West and its failure to materialize in Ukraine, can there be any prospects for such a phenomenon in the latter country? There is no point in guessing. If Ukraine is to have a Christian culture, it must have a Christian intelligentsia.
Will the Revolution of Dignity apply to women?
Теги: Alexander Kuzma
Both in Ukraine and in the diaspora, societal attitudes towards women and women’s status can be complicated and deeply conflicted. Even in progressive institutions like UNWLA and UCU, and certainly within the traditional framework of the Catholic Church, the status of women seems to touch a raw nerve.
Review on the book “Clerical Fascism in Interwar Europe”
Теги: Andrii Krawchuk
Review on the book Clerical Fascism in Interwar Europe. Matthew Feldman and Marius Turda with Tudor Georgescu. London–New York: Routledge, 2008. xviii, 246
Свіжий номер5 (487) 2021
- Колонка редактора Володимир Мороз
- Аби все було немарно… О.Андрій ЗЕЛІНСЬКИЙ, ТІ
- Мій шлях на схід і досвід, там здобутий о. Василь ІВАНЮК
- Художник на війні Андрій ГУМЕНЮК
- Чому ми, християни, боїмося політики? Богдан ТРОЯНОВСЬКИЙ
- Інтерв’ю з Ярославом Грицаком «Незалежність – це не якась формула, це практичне життя»
- Загальноцерковний реабілітаційний центр «Назарет» Олеся МОНАСТИРСЬКА
- Молодіжний катехизм УГКЦ – діалог під час подорожі: роздуми про форму і зміст Маґдалина ДИМИД
- На шляху до священства Юліян ГАЙДА
- Супроводжувати дітей у ставанні дорослими Христина ДОРОЖОВЕЦЬ
- Образ святого воїна в українському сакральному мистецтві Михайло СКОП
- Подвижницька місія у Ватикані: життя і служіння отця-салезіянина Романа Самотия д-р Любов КРУПНИК